Thursday, March 4, 2010

We have liftoff... sort of.

Last night I sat Kayla down in her crib to play for a minute before I started getting her ready for bed.  I took the tank off of the humidifier and filled it in the bathroom.  When I got back, there she was on her knees at the crib rail smiling at me.  I called Shaun over to have a look.  He put her back in the middle of the crib and she leaned back to the rail, got her knees under her, then lifted up onto her tiptoes (still bent at the waist and leaning enough to possibly tumble overboard). 

She may not be crawling yet but this little one is dying to get on her feet. 

Needless to say, operation lower the mattress commenced immediately.  30 minutes later found her fast asleep in her new spot, no worse for having to wait a bit longer than she wanted to for her bedtime.  Not to mention much safer.

It's only a matter of time now, isn't it?

No comments: