Monday, February 23, 2009

Half way there...

So Saturday marked 20 weeks, or the half way point in my pregnancy. It's still so hard to believe that this is really happening some days. I'm still feeling the whole gamut of emotions; joy, elation, anticipation, fear, anxiousness. There is still so much left to do, and I already feel like I'm running out of time to do it! The compulsive planner in me wants to have everything already in the room, washed, organized, put away, powered up and ready to go. Then again, if that were the case, what in the world would I do for the next 4 1/2 months? I'd continue to go crazy wanting to do more stuff, just as I am now most likely.



This weekend was another busy one; we like to pack as much as we can into our days off. Saturday I went and bought myself a second pair of jeans, a new cookbook on "Once a Month Cooking" (full of recipes that freeze well so I can have home made meals at hand all the time, even when I'm too tired or busy to cook) and a car. Well, the car is more for Shaun, and we haven't actually bought it yet, but it should come in sometime this week.




In reading over other people's thoughts on baby seats and travel systems, I found a lot of forum posts complaining of the seats being too large to fit in the back seat of coupes. Since Shaun's coupe is 11 years old and feels like it could be on its last leg anyway, we decided now was as good a time as any to trade it in. SO - later on this week we should be driving off the lot in our brand new 2009 Ford Focus sedan. My review of the brief test drive we took is the same as many you'll find on the internet or in magazines. It's a typical, boring American car, but it has plenty of pep, lots of great gadgets for the price (including the SYNC system for the iPod and Bluetooth connectivity to our cell phone(s), a power moon roof, ambient lighting inside and we'll get 6 months of Sirius satellite radio for free) and is backed by a reliable name in an industry with an uncertain future. I can't argue with a dealership that will give us free state safety inspections for life, and every fifth oil change for free either. It will look pretty much just like this:



We did some more clothes shopping with Shaun's parents on Sunday; his mom felt like she needed to buy me some more clothes for work, and who am I to argue? I got two dresses and two more shirts. That ought to hold me for a while. I just hope it starts to warm up soon so I can wear the dresses without freezing to death when I walk out the front door in the morning.


Anyway, I suppose that's all that's new and exciting for right now. I'm trying not to hold my breath for the next three days until we get to see the grapefruit baby again, and hopefully get to see the sex. Of course, there will be a big update after that appointment. Until then...



20W2D

No comments: