Monday, December 5, 2011

Another Breakthrough

Aside from the holiday loveliness that happened in our house this weekend, Kayla decided to treat me by suddenly deciding that she wants to go to the potty at home.  Saturday she went twice, and Sunday she managed to keep her diaper dry until all but nap time!  She still needs to be reminded sometimes, but more and more she looks at me and says “I want to pee pee on the potty mommy!”

 

This morning she sat on the potty before we left for the day and as she sat there and tried, she looked up at me and said “are you going to be proud of me mommy?”  I had to hold back the tears.  As little as 3 or 4  days ago, she would ask “can I have a gummy bear?”  Knowing that my pride and acknowledgement is her primary motivator is a really awesome thing.

 

Even though she didn’t go for me this morning, she still got lots of hugs, kisses and “I’m proud of you’s.”    

1 comment:

Ann Summerville said...

My granddaughter isn't at this stage yet, but I'm sure it won't be too much longer.
Ann