Monday, January 26, 2009

First College visit at 16 weeks gestation?

This weekend we made the trek up to Penn State for a day of wandering around campus and hitting some of Shaun's favorite spots for food and drink. Despite the bum knee acting up (as it would have whether or not I was pregnant) I managed to have a pretty good time. I'm still trying to find out if the Dark Horse ships or not... I have a feeling I will be craving their wings quite often!

Avocado baby and I are doing great now. Still no movements that I can feel, but I'm sure they aren't far away. I'm trying to enjoy what kick-free sleep I can get for the time being. The weird dreams are more than enough to keep me awake at night. The body pillow Shaun wrangled for me helps a lot though; I had a tough time without it on Saturday.

I'm still very anxious about the upcoming appointments; 2 weeks+ till I see a midwife again and 4 weeks + until the anatomy scan. Every day I look down at my belly and I wonder whether we'll be saying hello to our son or our daughter soon. We aren't far from when the baby will be able to hear my voice, and I can't wait to have a name to call him/her when I say hello.

Here's hoping the next few weeks go quickly so we can get to the fun stuff!


16W2D

No comments: