Thursday, January 15, 2009

Latest Appointment

I saw a midwife again last night for a brief visit. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat with the doppler (155 BPM) and she said everything felt fine. We discussed my increasing heartburn (fairly normal) and skyrocketing weight, and she said that since I am small and was "underweight" when I began my pregnancy (which I don't agree with) I am going to put on more weight than some. As long as my blood pressure is in check there isn't too much to worry about. My blood pressure was down from my last appointment (I think the elevated reading was just a side effect of seeing the baby for the first time) so I feel better about the fact that I've already put on 15 pounds.

So my next two appointments are also set; I see a midwife again on February 11th. Then I go back on February 25th for... the BIG ultrasound! Mark it on your calendars, hopefully baby will be all about showing off the goods and we'll know whether it's a boy or a girl that day!


14W5D

No comments: