Monday, July 6, 2009

Another week down...

Wow. I can not believe the 4th of July has come and gone already. Seriously, I keep staring at the date on my computer and thinking it can't possibly be right. Then I look down at my uneven and lumpy belly and realize that it has to be right. I can't possibly get any bigger. Seriously - I can't. Almost none of my shirts cover the bottom of my stomach any more. It's insane.

We did a lot around the house again this weekend; I think the nesting urges have us both in their grips. After a relaxing day with our friends on Saturday, we spent Sunday cleaning out our bedroom, including the walk in closet. We took three MASSIVE boxes of clothing to the Salvation Army... we also stopped at WalMart and got enough plastic storage bins to organize not only our room, but most of the basement as well. It felt great to get so much accomplished, but my back was absolutely shot after so many trips up and down the stairs and up and down off the floor in whatever room we were working on.

After all of that, Kayla picked last night to give me a little scare. We were laying in bed watching TV when I realized I hadn't felt her move since dinner. Trying to keep the initial wave of panic at bay, I went downstairs and ate a little sugary fruit salad. That seemed to perk her up just enough that I knew she was OK, and then she got the hiccups. *whew* She seems to be much quieter and more still on the whole the last couple of days, but even with that in mind, I still worry when I don't feel anything coming from her.

I'm starting to feel hopeful that this might not last very much longer. I've started to get some more intense and borderline painful contractions now. I can still talk through them and I'm not ready to punch anyone yet, but each one does make me stop and take a few deep breaths. I know that the second I post this entry they'll probably stop completely for the next week or more and I will look like a complete idiot. Oh well. We'll see what the midwife's input is at my appointment tonight. I'm thinking 7/7 would be a good birthday... so any time now Miss Kayla, we're anxiously waiting!

39W 2D

No comments: