Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Please friends, don't be fooled

I know that I totally have seasonal ADD.  Just last night I was prattling on about cards and photos and I am serously dying to get our Christmas decorating going (10 more days... just 10 more days).  At the same time I'm sitting here sipping tropical Juicy Juice (don't tell Kayla) spiked with just a hint of rum.  Despite the fact that I seem to long for summer while looking on to the days and weeks ahead, don't think that the significance of tomorrow is lost on me.  It most certainly isn't. 

I have so very much in my life to be thankful for; it seems trite to try to sum it all up in a blog post but I am going to try anyway. 

I am thankful for my home.  I am thankful for all the love that is contained within these walls and the joy of those who live here.  I am thankful that I come home every day to arms that are ready to hug and a little angel who exclaims "mommy, mommy, mommy!  Mine, mine, mine!" when I come through the door.  I am thankful that we are healthy and fed and truly we want for very little.  I am thankful that we both have steady jobs and have had very little turmoil during these tough times when so many have had to go without.

I am thankful for my family; the family I was born into, the family I gained when my dad and step mom married and the family I married into.  Together, they form a support system I don't know what we'd do without.  They are happy to babysit when we need a break.  They keep me fed and sane when I am on my own with a toddler for the first time.  They are here every weekend to play, to go to the park or walk for ice cream.    I have parents and sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents and nephews who I adore and I am thankful that Kayla will grow up in such a large, loving family. 

I am so thankful for these two.  Without them I'd be wandering, lost and lonely.  They really do complete me, and I am ever so grateful that I have them.



So tomorrow while I am eating turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes to my heart's content, I am going to be thinking of these things, and more.  I hope all of you have something to be thankful for too.  Happy Thanksgiving all.  

No comments: