Thursday, March 24, 2011

MIA Again

I have to be honest, I just haven’t had much to say lately.  Kayla is growing and learning by leaps and bounds.  She’s also not sleeping very well again.  It’s a good thing she’s cute, otherwise I’d have sold her to the circus weeks ago… (I kid, I kid.)

 

It’s been a stressful time for us though.  The shitty housing market is having more of an effect on us than we ever thought possible.  For five years we’ve apparently been throwing money at a worthless pile of wood and drywall… it’s beyond frustrating.  Last weekend we went over to my Dad’s house and watching her run around in their back yard was great, but it was also heartbreaking.  I want to be able to give her that, and right now we just can’t. 

 

Work has been sending both Shaun and I batty in different ways.  I’m still spending a lot of time on the road.  I like not being stuck at a desk all the time, but the constant driving hither and yon is getting old.  This records project can’t go on forever though; today we decided on a drop dead date of 6/30.  Three more months and we have to be done.  It’s good to see light at the end of the tunnel.  I just hope it’s not a train this time. 

 

Better weather and better times are hopefully around the corner.  I’ve been trying to focus on planning Kayla’s birthday party; even though it’s just over 3 months away, the celebration will coincide with a holiday weekend, so we want to get the invites out early.  It’s also given me something to be excited about.   

 

So long story short, we’re just slogging through real life for now and hoping for the sun to come out soon. 

1 comment:

Paul Roy said...

You can give her that back yard to run around in, just come over every day!!!!!