Friday, February 25, 2011

Toddlerhood at its best

Busy times in the house lately... I've been running non-stop everywhere except where I should be - on the elliptical.  It's been a tough week, but hopefully I haven't set myself back too far.  Work has been insane... I am so sick of driving all over the state and crawling around in dusty basements and labeling boxes.  Then when I finally get back to my desk, I have so many projects going on that I hardly know where to start. 

Kayla on the other hand, is doing everything she should and more.  She's really picking up a lot and saying more phrases every day.  She loves to talk, and has finally started opening up at daycare.  She says "please" and "thank you" pretty regularly.  She's counting to 10 with no help, and we're still working on letters and colors.  She loves to sing songs, and do "this little piggy" on her feet. 

She's very opinionated and has a sense of style that's all her own.  She no longer lets me pick her outfits in the morning - she has to have a say in that matter.  She discovered her Babylegs in her top drawer and loves to pull them over her arms like sleeves.  She loves to have her back scratched and her feet rubbed.  If you start one of those, don't plan to stop... 

The latest thing that has me worried is her tendency to go all kamikaze out of nowhere.  She loves to climb onto her chair and then tumble off onto the floor and giggle.  She runs full bore around the house and occasionally takes a spill.  She usually handles it pretty well, but we've had our share of tears as well. 

So that's the latest and greatest. What's going on with you right now?

No comments: