Monday, August 5, 2013

Time for a direction change

So during my absence from blogging, I have been doing a lot of thinking.  As much as I love the way this blog began and as much as I still enjoy using it to chronicle the goings on with Kayla, it's just not enough to keep me at my keyboard any more.  I am still going to blog about the family as time goes on, but I am going to switch the focus from Kayla's milestones to what's happening with our new home. 

 
Right before we went to Saint Lucia at the end of June, we settled on this lovely little piece of the coolest small town in America.  I'll be honest, while I loved the location of this place, that was about all I loved when I first saw it.  It had been unoccupied for nearly a year, and it showed.  The previous owners also had very interesting taste... so I had a hard time imagining ourselves in it at first.  But after our townhouse went under contract on my birthday, we had no choice but to find a place - and fast.  This one, while it needed work, fit the bill quite nicely.  It's large enough that we no longer feel on top of one another all the time, and has a nice fenced-in yard for the dog, complete with pool for the people; that's caused me almost as much heartache as it has joy, but I am glad that we have it.  There is still a lot of work to be done, but I love that we can make it our own over the next few years. 
 
Often while we're working on something, I find myself going "gee, I should blog about this..." so that's what I'm going to do.  Don't worry, I'm still going to write about Kayla (especially as we hurtle through the next year toward kindergarten) and the other happenings with our little clan, but a lot of what you'll see on here in the future will be what's happening inside the house - so still Outside Looking In. 
 
Next post... the "before tour."  

No comments: