Monday, November 17, 2008

Not much new to report...

I figured the internet world at large (not to mention my friends and family) has no interest in my often unpleasant, sometimes disgusting and occasionally embarrasing symptoms that are now making themselves known in my world, so I really haven't had much to write about.

One thing I did want to mention is the sincere gratitude I feel to have many wonderful friends in my life; many of them like family to me. Most of my closest friends already have children, so I am leaning on their wisdom and experience as I prepare for this myself. Mandy has been a huge help to me, pointing me in the right direction for morning sickness relief or the places to find the cutest maternity clothes. Jean sends me text messages all the time to make sure I'm eating and sleeping enough. Our friend Kristen brought me to tears with her kindness the other night. After announcing to she and Adam that we are expecting, she asked me to stop by their house the next day. When I arrived, I found she had two huge gift bags for me, stuffed with all the necessities that a "Pregnancy Survival Kit" would require. I can't begin to describe how much this meant to me! Not only had she worked at the hospital all night, she spent her day gathering all the gifts, putting them together, and writing a letter to me explaining each item and how I might find it useful. All while she SHOULD have been sleeping. It's hard to express how lucky I feel to have wonderful ladies like these three in my life!

Shaun and I started adding a few things to our baby registry over the last day or two; that's exciting. We're anxious for the cable guy to come visit on Saturday so we can start to think about emptying the office and making plans for its new life as a nursery. I look around at the now white walls and try to imagine them in shades of brown and blue, with a white crib against one wall, and a rocking chair in the corner. Although I gave it half a thought when Jaime mentioned the possibility of a chair rail the other day, looking at some of these corners and angles in this room has my head spinning. I think painter's tape will do the trick just fine. Perhaps if it seems as though we're going to stay here for a while, further improvements to the room will come as baby grows.

We are looking forward to our trip to Reading on Saturday evening for BRU shopping and our celebratory dinner out. I am doing my best to make sure I treasure every quiet moment we have now since they will be few and far between in the not so distant future. Now to find the perfect little gift for the daddy to be so he knows how excited I am for the two of us to continue to grow and walk with each other, and as a growing family...

6W2D

No comments: