Monday, December 15, 2008

10 Weeks...

And we've reached the size of a prune! (For anyone who knows a bit about pregnancy symptoms, yes this is indeed a bit ironic.) But I chuckle and try to go on with the daily grind knowing that most of that should be subsiding in just a few more weeks.

This morning was particularly tough for me. Emotionally I'm just starting to come to grips with some of the changes I'm seeing in myself. Looking at my expanding waistline and extremely broken out skin in the mirror was really unpleasant. I guess it would be one thing if I actually looked pregnant, but right now I just look fat and acne prone. Anyone who would give me the once over right now would probably just think I've put on a few holiday pounds and stopped washing my face. I've found myself wondering if one of those "Does this baby make me look fat?" t-shirts would help me at all. Then at least the excuse would be apparent.

Anyhow, the baby seems to be doing great so far, even though I can't shake that anxious feeling. I'm sure he/she is doing flips in there and hopping around even though I can't feel it yet. We'll see for sure on Wednesday. First we have to endure the long, boring education session tonight. *yawn* Here's hoping I can stay awake. I knew I should have scheduled it earlier in the day so that I would be fresher and more apt to keep my eyes open. I wanted to be sure that Shaun was going to be able to come with me though, so I made it for after work. We're going to have to go home, inhale some dinner and hit the road to get there by 5:30 in the afternoon rush hour traffic.

One more quick note before I go... congratulations to our friends Laura and Jess who welcomed their son Tyler Rhys to the world yesterday morning (12/14/08 at 8:11 am)! Tyler was born approximately 7 weeks early via C-Section and weighed in at a bruising 4 pounds, 4 ounces! He is 18 inches long. Mom and baby are both doing great. Sending good thoughts to the new family that everyone can go home healthy very soon!

I'll be back later this week to post ultrasound pictures!

10W2D

No comments: