Monday, December 1, 2008

Update on the Raspberry

Since the food theme seemed to catch on well with my family at Thanksgiving, I am going to do my best to keep up with the little one's food counterparts as it grows. I have to pull out my copy of "What to Expect..." to get the next couple of weeks' sizes.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, what a great day it was! It was so wonderful to spend time with my family; to hear about Catherine's wedding plans, to celebrate Mark's engagement and to share our news with everyone. Thankfully the little bean was also in a festive mood and I was able to eat our share (and then some...) and not feel terrible. Yippee! I had to lay down on the couch at Shaun's parents' house following our second meal, but that's to be expected at this point I suppose.

For a few days I felt pretty darn great and was really hopeful that the sickness was beginning to wane a bit and the fatigue was going to take over. Yesterday I got a hearty dose of both. I guess it's not so bad that my body waited until 8 weeks to give me a real stomach upheaval. I napped on the couch quite a bit yesterday; and as a consequence, I didn't sleep very well last night. I feel bad for Shaun. I am totally no fun right now. With our anniversary a mere 11 days away, I have my fingers crossed that I'll be able to keep myself upright long enough for us to do something fun that day.

In other news, we looked at the numbers last night, and after a bit of discussion we came to the conclusion that now is probably not the best time for us to consider moving. It seems like once the baby is born that it's going to become infinitely harder, but right now the financial side of it just doesn't add up the way we thought it did at first. It sort of stinks, but we're OK with it for now. As long as we're able to find, purchase and move into our forever home before Baby G is ready to start school, it will work out just fine. If nothing else, our house got a hearty dose of sprucing up over the long weekend, and it feels great to have accomplished so much. I guess that means we're back on the designing the nursery train. I still haven't seen the bedding I think we're going to go with in person, which makes me nervous. I want to see that so we can make sure the paint doesn't totally conflict. But I have plenty of time to fuss over that... yeesh, 8 weeks along and the nesting urge is already taking over.

So all in all things are going well. Just over 2 weeks from now we'll get to see our little one for the first time and hopefully hear the heart beat as well. I'm so excited for that appointment; it will make this seem that much more real. It seemed so far away when we made the appointment, I can't believe it's almost here now!

8W2D

No comments: