Sunday, May 3, 2009

Back from the Beach!!

Well, we are home from the beach, all in one piece and only a little worse for wear. The weather wasn't stellar, but did cooperate at moments. We had our Grotto Pizza, Hawiian Ice from Love's Lemonade, soft serve from Dumsers and cinnamon roasted almonds from the Nut House. I love beach food!! (Who am I kidding? I love food.) As it would turn out, this is a great time of year to be down at the beach. It's not insanely crowded, but most of the things we wanted to see or do were open over the weekend. I didn't actually put my toes in the sand, but we had a great ocean front room so we could open up and get the sea breeze. I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight though, and without elephants stomping around in the room above me.

So here we are now, just past the 30 week mark. Hard to believe that the little lettuce head is now anywhere from 8 - 12 weeks from making her appearance (hopefully more in that 8 to 10 week range). Although I still don't feel ready, I know next weekend will help with that. I am so looking forward to having our friends and families together for a few hours. The fact that it's a party in little Kayla's honor is just icing on the cake. Here's hoping for nice weather since I couldn't find a cardigan to go over my shower dress!

I don't think we have anything major going on this week, no appointments or anything, so it will be more of the daily grind from here until the weekend again. I am hoping to get down to the shops on Main Street for second Friday so we can check out Spoiled Silly and Madison B for the first time. We need to find a time to get into downtown Lancaster to check out Bellaboo too. Maybe the first weekend in June... I think that's the next time we have a free weekend. Hard to belive how fast the time is going now, and how it's only going to continue to fly.

30W 1D

No comments: