Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Baby Brain" has got me

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not the most exact or organized individual. I do pretty well being detail oriented at work, but I usually leave it at the door, because at home I am a total scatterbrain. Being pregnant has only made it worse. Much worse.

Last night we left work, went home and relaxed for a couple of minutes, then headed out to grab a bite to eat before going to my appointment at May-Grant. We arrived about 5 mintutes before my scheduled appointment time (so I thought) and were on our way back to see Anne (so I thought) when it came to light that I was actually scheduled to be there at 4:40, not 5:30. Anne was gone for the day; I'd be seeing Claire. Uhh... OK. If you guys say so. I swore that when we scheduled out my appointments for the remainder of my pregnancy after my last appointment that we'd made them all for 5:30.

The appointment went well enough. My BP is good, I was only up 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks, my fundal height measurment was "right on" and Kayla is now laying head down. Let's hope the little bugger stays that way. I know being upside down for 10 - 11 more weeks doesn't sound like fun, but honestly, I don't think my back can take another spell like I felt when she turned this time.

So when I get back out to the receptionist to check out (and verify the times of my remaining appointments - they are all at 5:30, aren't they?) I open my appointment book to see that I did indeed have 4:40 written down for yesterday, and 4:20 for my CNS appointment in 2 weeks. Der. I was so embarrassed for messing that up, but in my defense, ever since they changed computer systems and I haven't been getting my reminder calls about my appointments, I have been a little bit lost. Besides, at a practice that size, I can't be the only one who has mixed up an appointment time.

Other than that, there really isn't a whole lot going on. I'm coping with the panic this new Swine Flu outbreak is causing here at work. Seems that the Pandemic planning we attempted to start work on almost 2 years ago wasn't a waste of resources after all, was it? I hate to say I told you so... wait, no I don't.

I am so looking forward to getting away this weekend. Friday morning Shaun and I are taking off for Ocean City for the weekend. We were both pretty bummed about the prospect of not seeing the beach for the first summer in our lives since we're expecting a summer baby, so we decided to take this chance to run away for a few days and see the beach at the same time. They're calling for a 40 - 50% chance of thunderstorms on both Friday and Saturday right now, but if all else fails, there's always the new X-Men movie coming out this weekend, and Outlet shopping in Rehoboth if it rains too much. I'd rather be strolling the boardwalk and/or beach, but I'm sure we'll find a way to keep ourselves occupied if the weather doesn't want to cooperate.

Oh, and I guess I'm obligated to mention that we will be celebrating my 3rd 25th birthday while we're there. I decided I didn't want to get any older, but didn't want to stop partying either, so I am going to be 25 forever. Shaun got me a really sweet gift - we are on sort of a Willow Tree figurine kick, and he bought me the one called "Cherish." It's just beautiful and looks great with the other two we have on our shelves. Perhaps I jumped the gun when I bought "Our Gift" but I really liked that one too. So thanks again sweetheart, I absolutely love it! And happy 25th birthday (again) to me!


29W3D down...

No comments: