Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dr. Appointment

I just realized I never posted about Kayla's doctor appointment last Friday.  I got to take her in since Shaun had a meeting to attend that morning.  Yay!  She weighed in at 18 pounds 2 ounces and is now 27 1/2 inches long.  Her doctor gave her the once over and marveled at how quiet and still she was.  She is mesmerized by people; she didn't take her eyes off of him the entire time. 

He gave her a clean bill of health, told me we are doing well, and gave us the OK to start giving her small amounts of watered down juice with her meals.  I smiled and gave her lots of kisses when he said we were up to date on shots, but immediately got unhappy when he said that she would need blood drawn.  He ordered tests of her hemoglobins and lead level.  (I didn't go along for that part, but Shaun and my MIL said she did great.)  Yesterday a nurse called to let us know that the blood work all came back normal.  Her next checkup will be in July. 

She's getting so darn big I can hardly believe it.  I'm so proud that she's healthy though.  Despite some sleeping setbacks, and questioning myself with how much we're feeding her and whether my milk production is keeping up with her needs, she is growing and developing as she should.  I'm so thankful for her and Shaun and our amazing families that show us all so much support and love. 

Life really is good. 

No comments: