Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall is here

This weekend was truly divine.  I love the days when the air turns cool enough to merit long sleeves all the time even though the sun shines so bright during the day.  I love the amazing colors. 


I love mums and jack o'lanterns and funny little pumpkins on my front porch.



And I love the treats. 


This weekend it was roasted pumpkin seeds and cake pops a la Bakerella (I can't believe it took me so long to really pay attention to her and try these things out!).  I made cinnamon french toast for breakfast and Shaun made an amazing chicken and gnocchi soup for dinner.  Delish.   

My mom and I took Kayla to the park on Saturday.  We met some friendly dogs and Kayla chased the ducks.


Then we carved and colored our pumpkins for the front porch.


My camera got quite the workout this weekend too.  I'm finding myself becoming more and more comfortable with my camera in my hands - capturing the moments as they happen.  I'm finding that I'm grabbing a few more "wow" shots among the usual so-so stuff, and that makes me happy.  Sometimes I really have to debate with myself when chosing shots for my Project 365 blog.  It's a nice feeling. 
We're quickly coming into my favorite time of year.  Halloween is right around the corner and then it's on to Thanksgiving - from then to New Years I am in full out holiday nerd mode.  We're slowly but surely starting to establish our little family traditions and it's so much fun.  This is exactly what I'd hoped having a family of my own would be like.

No comments: