Friday, January 21, 2011

I need an acountabilibuddy...

So I'm jumping on Blair's bandwagon.  It's about time.  Really, it is. 

I started this blog to tell the story of how we became a family.  I have been using it to tell what our life is like as a family.  One thing I haven't really been telling is the toll it's taken on me physically.  For the last 18 months, it's been one thing after another.  I'm a brand new mom, I'm tired.  I'm a working new mom, I'm tired.  I'm making weak attempts to keep house, I'm tired.  I have a toddler, I'm tired. 

I need to get out of this rut.  I need to stop making excuses. 

So beginning next week, I am going to hop on the train to McFatty Mondays and a modified version of the nine-week Couch to 5k workout.  And I want - no, need - to be acountable to someone.  So blogosphere, you are it.  You're my accountabilibuddy.  Healthier eating has already started.  Playlist making starts tonight.  Daily weigh ins start tomorrow.  Working out starts Monday. 

I'm still ironing out the details, but my plan looks a little like this:
  • Monday - Couch to 5k run 1 (for the appropriate week)
  • Tuesday - Light weight training
  • Wednesday - Couch to 5k run 2
  • Thursday - Light weight training
  • Friday - Couch to 5k run 3
  • Saturday - Rest
  • Sunday - Light weight training
Run days will be spent on the eliptical since my knees won't tolerate running anywhere else.  Once I'm through those 9 weeks, we'll see where I can go from there.  My goal is to lose the last 10 pounds still hanging on from pregnancy and in doing so, gaining a little bit of myself and my confidence back.  I'm really excited to get this going.  I want to be the happiest and healthiest momma I can be so that I can be around for this little girl for a long time.

No comments: