Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Second Birthday Party

Saturday was a lovely day for a birthday party.  So thankful for our amazing families - We gathered, ate, drank and celebrated this little girl for a warm afternoon. 

Skinned knees/legs and all - too cute. 


I was too busy enjoying myself to snap a lot of the detail shots that I got last year, but I'm cool with that.  I was having a blast watching her run the backyard track with her cousins and chatting with everyone there. 

The invitations were shamelessly copied from somewhere (I don't even remember the source) but created and printed by me (I'm an MS Publisher expert and didn't even know it!). 


We had two kinds of meatball sandwiches, with tortellini salad, green salad and fruit.  After dinner, Kayla got to don her bathing suit and do her favorite activity at Pepere and Grammy Sue's house-  play in the fountain!


After getting dried off, it was time for cake!
Strawberry filled white cake with whipped icing.  Yum. 


Then we opened gifts.  This was the point where my camera was sitting beside me while I read cards and helped keep her on track (multi-part gifts are tough - she wanted to grab something new after every box, even when there were more right in front of  her). 

All in all, it was a wonderful success and I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did!  I'll fill in more pictures as I get them from my dad and sister!

No comments: