Monday, July 25, 2011

So as I'm sure you've gathered from the last entry, Kayla now has a toddler bed.  It was hard for me to make the leap since most things I've read said that kids aren't developmentally ready for a bed until closer to 3.  I figured though it was better to risk the psychological damage now than when she fell trying to climb out of her crib at an inopportune time. 

Night 1 in the bed was a disaster.  It took her forever to fall asleep, and once she did, she wasn't asleep very long.  I spent most of the night on the floor next to her.  I don't know how much time she spent awake, but it was enogh that she was falling asleep at the lunch table at daycare the next day.  Night two, be it from having had some time to adjust or just sheer exhaustion, Kayla slept much better.  I had to go replace the nuk once, but she slept through.  Each night since has been better. 

Friday and Saturday night Kayla slept in another unfamiliar place - she spent her first two nights at Pepere and Grammy Sue's house while Shaun and I were in Philadelphia with friends.  Besides a small part of Saturday night, it sounded like she did really well.  I'm hoping that it went well enough that she might be invited back over there again in September... Right Dad and Sue? 

So we survived the crib to bed transition, nights in a new place and bar hopping around Philly in triple digit heat.  Not too shabby for one week, huh?  Now it's back to that potty training thing.  Maybe...

No comments: