Monday, June 8, 2009

*giggles*



OK, I just looked up at my ticker and noticed that is says "I am getting fatter and fatter." I know they mean Kayla is getting fatter and fatter (putting on anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound each week) but it feels like they mean me. At this point, I'm not so bothered by it any more. It's sort of funny. In fact, if she wants to stop growing, that'd be cool. Ever since last week she has had one foot pressed pretty consistently against my ribs on my right side, and it hurts a little bit when she moves now. I'll take it though; as I've said all along, I would much prefer she be active so I know she's OK.

Saturday marked my 35/35. 35 weeks down and 35 days to go. Hard to believe, huh? I went to my lovely cousin Catherine's bridal shower on Saturday, and got to say hello to quite a few people I hadn't seen in some time. It was really really nice. I'm so looking forward to the wedding itself, I know Cath is going to be the most unbelievably gorgeous bride! Provided Kayla comes on time, that will also be her first big outing. I am nervous about going anywhere with a newborn, but I'm sure she will be fine.

Sunday we did our usual stuff around the house and then went to my sister in law's house for our oldest nephew's birthday. Watching Shaun play with the kids (ranging in age from 3 to 11) was a lot of fun - as it always has been - but more so now that we're looking forward to having one of our own.

I think the nursery is just about done and ready to go; I got Kayla's name put on the wall last week. It looks great except the K went a bit awry on me, so I'm going to have to look at that. I will post a picture when I update again. I want to get some pictures or something for the wall above the crib and to put on her shelf. I know for sure I'm going to order one of the shots from my maternity session for that purpose, but I'm still looking for other ideas since the prints I really liked at Ikea were $70 each and a bit steep for a baby's room. All of her sheets, blankets, clothes and whatnot are all washed and put away. I have all the little supplies we need to get us through the first few days; we still have to pack Shaun's diaper bag and get the hospital bag stuff together, but we are pretty much ready to go any time now. Here's hoping that the weeks continue to fly by...

35W 2D

No comments: