Monday, June 1, 2009

So much accomplished...

Another busy yet productive weekend at our casa. First, let me brag about this:


That, my friends, is the top two shelves of my freezer, stocked with food we made on Saturday to get us through the first few weeks after Kayla's arrival. Not pictured are two trays of lasagna sitting on a lower shelf. How awesome is that? We finally cooked the turkey that we got free at Thanksgiving, and I made a few recipes from the "Once A Month Cooking" cookbook I bought. I also discovered a pork roast in the freezer that we're now thawing to make pulled pork either later this week or next weekend. That's exciting.


Also a brag on my part, Shaun put a lot of time and effort this weekend into hanging the new shelf we bought for Kayla's room so we could hang the diaper stacker above the changing table. Thanks honey! Now all we (I) have to do is hang the letters for her name on the blank wall, and her nursery is basically complete.


Following all that excitement, Sunday was my maternity photo shoot with Heather Johnson. She got a lot of really great shots, I can't wait to look over all of them again! She did some great traditional portrait-type stuff, and some really sexy shots as well. It's amazing how I can totally feel awful about myself some days, but then take a look at a picture and see the really beautiful side of pregnancy. I'm so appreciative of being able to have that captured for me to remember.

Other than that, there isn't a whole lot new to report. Crazy spaz child is moving almost constantly still, and I'm finding that I am able to breathe a little easier these days. It seems she is starting to drop and get into position for delivery. I'm hoping I can take that as a sign that things are moving along and we're progressing towards her arrival!

34W 2D

40 days to go!

No comments: