Monday, October 19, 2009

This may take a while.

Let's time how long it takes me to post this.

I'm typing pretty slowly today on account of my wrists.  I've got this hybrid typing/hunt and peck thing going on right now.  The soft splint on the left wrist makes it a little difficult to type, and the pain in my right wrist had slowed me down a bit too.  At least I know relief is in sight.  My left wrist was feeling about 90% as of yesterday.  I try to be good and leave the splint on as much as possible; I take it off any time it might get dirty or wet (cooking and doing dishes, showering) and when changing or feeding Kayla (mostly for the sake of speed) but leave it on the rest of the day/night.  What a difference!  I am actually looking forward to getting the coritsone shot in my right wrist now.  The pain still comes and goes a bit, but it's pretty strong a lot of the time.  The only thing that worries me is how I will/won't be able to handle a computer mouse with my right hand in one of these:



I guess I'll figure that out when the time comes.  As of now, my next shot is scheduled for a week from today.  Hopefully the left side is feeling good enough to give it regular breaks from the splint so I have at least one functional hand at all times. 

(And 13 minutes later... publishing this one!)

No comments: